The Dermis Shell

Welcome to the Dermis Shell. Membership here is by invitation only. If you were not invited, please do not register. Any accounts made without invitation will be deleted.

If you wish to contact me, feel free to email me at zaraynafoireann@gmail.com. Due to this being a secondary email address, please allow up to a week's time to elapse before resending if I don't reply.

Zarayna
Head Dermis Shell Administrator

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dermis Shell

Welcome to the Dermis Shell. Membership here is by invitation only. If you were not invited, please do not register. Any accounts made without invitation will be deleted.

If you wish to contact me, feel free to email me at zaraynafoireann@gmail.com. Due to this being a secondary email address, please allow up to a week's time to elapse before resending if I don't reply.

Zarayna
Head Dermis Shell Administrator

The Dermis Shell

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dermis Shell

THE NSA CAN SMD

+5
Tyler Durden
Hawkeye
The Shadowed
Captain Marvel
Zarayna
9 posters

Virtual Reality

Zarayna
    Zarayna
    Assassin of Archery, deputy leader of the Toa Foireann, Dermis Shell theologian and apologist.
    Assassin of Archery, deputy leader of the Toa Foireann, Dermis Shell theologian and apologist.

Virtual Reality - Page 2 Empty Re: Virtual Reality

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 am

IC - Moka - Lava region:

In a flash Moka's crossbow was back on his back, and had snatched his axe from his belt. He lopped forwards, gaining speed and momentum as he went, until he threw himself forwards, landing feetfirst on the side of a boulder. with a powerful thrust of his legs, he leaped off before he could fall. he landed on another boulder and repeated this process, vaulting over the final boulder-

-to land behind a purple and black toa.

Gravity. Moka made a mental note to take him down fast, and slashed out with his weapon, aiming straight at the back of the being.
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

IC: Fortunately for Stokunde, it was no fool. It could tell someone was coming towards it by the sound of feet hitting the rock multiple times, the duration between each one steadily growing. At first it sounded farther off, but the footfalls grew in intensity until it knew they were nearly on top of the toa. By now Stokunde had drawn its blades, one in each hand.

So when it heard the whistling coming towards its chest and saw a glint of metal, it calmly raised its blades vertically at once-

-To hear a clanging sound and receive a mild shock at the power of the stranger's axe, now blocked by one trench knife which was being forced back. It wasn't enough, Stokunde knew, as the sheer force built up from the weapon was too great for it to take on with one strong but unboosted hand, so the second moved to join it. It readied its mask. As it now saw the stranger was wielding it one-handed, he knew something else was coming from the other hand, and was ready to activate tactile telekinesis and take on both threats at once.

Conjecture: This player is physically strong. Theorem: The would-be killing blow shows the player will not ally. Hypothesis: If the player is strong, ready to break out of deadlock and slip under guard for quick kill.
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am

IC - Moka - lava Region:

Moka suddenly broke his strike, and lashed out with his foot, aiming a swift kick at his opponent's knee. At the same time, his left hand drew a katana.

"Who are you? another insane bastard trying to kill us?" Moka asked quietly.
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden
    The Big Man Upstairs
    The Big Man Upstairs

Post by Tyler Durden Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

IC: Feyrren [Lava Region]

Feyrren stood up slowly, his pistol sitting warily by his side.

"Moka," Feyrren said quietly, "I think he's a player."

-Spawn
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    Baby Dermis Turtle
    Baby Dermis Turtle

Post by Hawkeye Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:13 pm

IC: {Vrahn}

He finally said screw it. These two weren't doing anything and it was getting quite boring, watching two fairly rediculous looking battlers stand and glare at eachother.

So he left, walking quickly away from the dueling pair, looking for any sign of anyone ever.

In the distance he saw shapes... one was tall and skiny, a vortiix maybe?

He got closer, within sight - Yup, definitely a Vortiix.
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:47 pm

IC: One of Stokunde's trench knives came down to block the foot and stop it. Before it activated tactile telekinesis, however-

"Moka, I think he's a player."

-It stopped, frozen mid-action of lunging at Moka.

Then the toa dropped its other blade, scope whirring, and began to speak, looking at both of the strangers.

"Theorem: I am a player. Theorem: You are players. Hypothesis: If we allied, then surviving longer would become less difficult. Conjecture: We should ally."

Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Der Blitzmann wrote:IC: Hukki wasn't stupid. The guy had been probing him. One didn't shock someone twice only to watch it do nothing. A stronger shock would come now, probing his defenses.

So the warrior decided to fight fire with fire.

At the last seconds, his spines released a charge that traveled down through his body, into his kusari-

-Then into the fundo-

-Which fell onto the rose-

-And all karz broke lose with a-

BANG

-And Hukki's fundo was sent spinning away as smoke filled the area around his foe, and he suddenly remembered how glad he was to have had them attached to his wrists.

Drawing both the kusari-fundo back, he kept back a smirk with willpower. His foe would probably use this opportunity to go intangible and blend in with the smoke. However, in reality, it was an opportunity for Hukki himself. As the guy couldn't possibly know he had thermal vision yet, the warrior could just fake that he was blind until the stranger attacked. Looking around in pretend confusion, Hukki put on a mask of discombobulation.

IC: [Iridacea]

Karz, Iridacea thought as he felt an equal electric charge race along the kusari-fundo back towards him. This guy isn't stupid. He knew I was testing his strength.

Iridacea turned intangible through the power of his mask and melted backwards through the tree, reappearing on the other side. Poking his head out around the tree to take a peek at what was going on, all he could see was smoke. I need to heighten my reflexes, though the Violet Prince. I can't afford to lose. After all, I want to stick with my ten lives.
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

IC - Moka - Lava Region:

Moka stepped back warily, and sheathed his katana.

"If you spoke plain matoran we might," he said blandly.
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:45 pm

IC: As Iridacea poked his head out, a whistling sound was heard through the confusion, as well as the tinkling sound of multiple links moving at once upon each other. It was heard several times again by him.

Meanwhile, Hukki smirked. Pretending he didn't know his foe's location and flailing about, he was trying to get the guy to think that his foe had no idea where he was. Just a few more passes, as many as he could afford without the stranger getting any ideas or the smoke clearing out, and he'd get the stranger. For now, he continued to flail about with the weight, missing by at least a bio or two each time on purpose.

Stokunde's scope whirred as it got up, re-hooking its trench knives to its belt automatically. "Theorem: I am speaking Matoran. Conjecture: You have not learned Arithmetic. Theorem: This vein of conversation is pointless. Query: May we ally?," it finished finally.
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 pm

IC - Moka - Lava Region:

Moka rolled his eyes.

"Theorem: you are speaking like an automated robot. Conjecture: You have failed to understand my previous statement. And to your last question, sure why not." He ended his statement with finality, whirling around to cleave the skull of a salamander with his axe.

The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 pm

IC: Stokunde's lense glinted cooly, but the toa said nothing. Instead, it methodically opened a pouch of senbon, then calmly analyzed the troupe of furnace salamanders attacking and pegged two quickly, one senbon lodging through an eye and another through the heartlight. After checking to make sure the group were all dead, it proceeded carefully and proceeded to pick up the senbon and place them back in the same pouch. It then turned to Moka and began to speak again. "Theorem: Senbon are farther down the mountainside. Theorem: It is best to keep as much ammunition as possible for survival purposes. Hypothesis: If they are farther down the mountainside, then I shall retrieve them." The toa waited silently for affirmation.
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

He keeps missing, thought Iridacea, still hidden, intangible, behind the tree. I thought he was smarter than this, though... hmm... maybe he's missing on purpose? That seems likely, but there's always the chance that he really doesn't know where I am.

Well, time to see what's really going on here. Turning tangible once more, Iridacea leapt out through the tree and turned himself tangible, landing on another root diagonal from the tree he was standing on. Raising his hand, he released a bolt of lightning that flew into the center of the cloud of smoke and released a shockwave, causing the smoke to disperse. When the smoke cleared, he saw Hukki flailing with the kusari-fundo in his original spot. What was more intriguing to him, however, was the new whistling sound that was coming from somewhere indistinguishable.

Is that him, thought Iridacea puzzlingly.

OOC: Mango, how did the Kusari-fundo survive the explosion in the middle of it? Wouldn't the chain break apart?
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 pm

OOC:

Captain Marvel wrote:IC: [Iridacea]

He keeps missing, thought Iridacea, still hidden, intangible, behind the tree. I thought he was smarter than this, though... hmm... maybe he's missing on purpose? That seems likely, but there's always the chance that he really doesn't know where I am.

Well, time to see what's really going on here. Turning tangible once more, Iridacea leapt out through the tree and turned himself tangible, landing on another root diagonal from the tree he was standing on. Raising his hand, he released a bolt of lightning that flew into the center of the cloud of smoke and released a shockwave, causing the smoke to disperse. When the smoke cleared, he saw Hukki flailing with the kusari-fundo in his original spot. What was more intriguing to him, however, was the new whistling sound that was coming from somewhere indistinguishable.

Is that him, thought Iridacea puzzlingly.

OOC: Mango, how did the Kusari-fundo survive the explosion in the middle of it? Wouldn't the chain break apart?

Dude, I stated in that post that the current ran into the weight BEFORE the rose and it collided, so the explosion actually happened on the end of the fundo. As well, the whistling sound is being produced by the fundo being hurled through the air-sorry, because I know I wasn't clear about that.

IC: Hukki smirked inwardly. He knew where the guy had gone judging by the direction of the bolt and his passage, both sensed by thermal vision (he didn't see the lightning bolt, but saw the air around it get hot enough momentarily to define it as one). Now was it...

Coiling up and preparing to strike once more inwardly, he feinted a flail to the right-

-And whirled, attempting to slam his suddenly electrified other fundo into the guy's ribs as his spines lit up.

OOC: Good luck dodging to Iridacea; with the little warning and not terribly far distance the fundo has to travel, as well as the rotary power and speed building up, that one fundo could slip by the prince's guard before he can activate his mask easily, IMHO. The spike of electricity that he must have sensed would lead him to it, true, but on the other hand, that's a good second wasted realized where it's going ;P And even if one is intangible, I'm pretty sure one can be effected by energy attacks...Krika had to retreat from Tahu's boiling muck in Swamp of Secrets, if I remember correctly. So even if Iridacea has the time to activate his mask (which he may, admittedly, very well have) or to absorb the electricity, the electricity or the fundo's gonna hit him, respectively.
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden
    The Big Man Upstairs
    The Big Man Upstairs

Post by Tyler Durden Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 pm

"Sure," said Feyrren shrugging, "why not?"

-Spawn
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm

GM - All regions:

Suddenly, everything froze up. Rahi, players, everything.

"Announcement, characters. Four new regions have opened. Hiria, city. The Mountain; gravity. Raiklaft; the air. The Desert; stone region. The blacksmith's shop has been opened in the waiting room; anyone needing weapons and armor repaired, ammo replaced, wounds healed, head over there now!"

Then abruptly, as quick as it had begun, the voice faded, and everything unfroze.

Last edited by The Zarnalo on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden
    The Big Man Upstairs
    The Big Man Upstairs

Post by Tyler Durden Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Feyrren looked around at the other two players.

"New regions? Blacksmith's sho-Blacksmith's shop?" Feyrren asked, a grin unfurling across his face.

-Spawn
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

IC - Moka:

Moka glanced at Stokunde.

"So much for having to save as much ammo as possible."
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm

IC: Stokunde stilled, lense whirring for a second as it thought. "Theorem: The announcer is telling the truth," it finally said. "Hypothesis: If so, then we should reload." With that, it stepped out of The Lava Region-

[Stokunde-The Lava Region -> Waiting Room]

-And into the waiting room and The Blacksmith's shop.

The toa waited for a second for its comrades to re-appear, eyes sifting through the shop whilst it waited. It had already spotted the blacksmith, but would not step up to a counter without its comrades.

Theorem: Allies prefer their comrades to wait for them to arrive.
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden
    The Big Man Upstairs
    The Big Man Upstairs

Post by Tyler Durden Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Feyrren stepped up beside his new ally, already witnessing the swarm of players moving towards the counter.

"Don't worry," he said, "Xians know which weapons are best. Now to wait for Moka..."

-Spawn
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 pm

IC - Moka:

Moka shrugged, and spoke into his comlink.

"Sorry guys; I'm good right now. I'll be in the gravity region if you want to find me."

OOC: Moka to The Mountain.
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 pm

IC Shorn - From the Waiting room to The Mountain:

Shorn walked slowly up the cliff face, around rocks and spikes jutting from the face of the cliff, and eventually to the top of the cliff. He didn't jump up there, or do any neat leaps, he simply took two steps and stood on top of the cliff... which he soon found out was simply another large ledge jutting out from the much larger, darker mountain.

He ignored the sight of the mountain, and walked over to the wall, hopping onto it, and slowing starting to walk upwards toward the top of the mountain.

-Shorn
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 am

OOC: A little bunnying here, but only to get Feyrren in line, which I'm sure he'd be going into anyways.

IC: Stokunde acknowledged that their teammate was not coming and silently stepped into line alongside Feyrren. After waiting several minutes, they finally came to the counter. Stokunde looked to the dark Toa present and said: "Theorem: I require your services."

The Blacksmith nodded and typed something into his computer. Within thirty seconds, he had apparently found what he was looking for. "Only senbon, eh?" He nodded to Stokunde. The Gravity Toa gave a simple nod back. "Then..."

The Blacksmith pressed a button, and Stokunde felt around in his pouches for the gravitational pull of the missing senbon. Sure enough, they were all regenerated. It nodded thanks again, then stepped aside and waited for Feyrren to be serviced quietly.

[The Captain-Waiting Room -> Mountain]

Captain Doomslayer stalked across the mountain.

Cutting through webs, jumping over cliffs, and dealing with any visorak that found him as he glided through the eerie buildings and trees, he climbed it, muttering curses under his breath the whole way at such an odd simulation. Why'd the clever bastards made the region?, grumbled he aloud. At least they could've had the sense to make such a thing actually make sense. If there was a house sticking out of a mountain sideways, then by golly, it ought to act like it was sticking out of a mountain sideways! Why they didn't understand that, he would never know. At least he-

-And then he actually, finally, saw a player.

A Skakdi of what appeared to be Stone-spineless, noted the mercenary-was moving up ahead, taking big, powerful strides up across the mountain.

So the good and most joyous captain, of course, decided to enact his top-secret plan for dealing with strangers that he had flaunted so much for its secret status and unbelieveable power in the company of other mercenaries. It incredibly powerful, known for being able to move mountains, and so accurate that there was no way it could be missed in Karzhani itself.

He smiled, waved, and yelled "Cheerio!".

[Luuvei-Waiting Room -> Hiria]

A wraith glided through the sleeping silent city.

Sticking to cover, his armor camouflaged himself in darkened corners of the concrete jungle. Moving on and on, darting out and quickly in between cover, it explored the zone-

-Then he felt something, a beat in the air.

Concentrating, he put on palm on a building, then another on the ground. Several beats were felt, coming from the entrance to the alleyway he had just slipped into. He tensed. His eyes, previously closed, opened with a new clarity-

-Just as his hand came up and blasted away a wheel of energy into the enemy behind it.

Battle was joined, and the being known as Luuvei waged a desparate war against a small clan of Frostelus in the sleeping, but no longer silent, city.
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Der Blitzmann wrote:It really happened on the end of the fundo. As well, the whistling sound is being produced by the fundo being hurled through the air-sorry, because I know I wasn't clear about that.

IC: Hukki smirked inwardly. He knew where the guy had gone judging by the direction of the bolt and his passage, both sensed by thermal vision (he didn't see the lightning bolt, but saw the air around it get hot enough momentarily to define it as one). Now was it...

Coiling up and preparing to strike once more inwardly, he feinted a flail to the right-

-And whirled, attempting to slam his suddenly electrified other fundo into the guy's ribs as his spines lit up.

OOC: Good luck dodging to Iridacea; with the little warning and not terribly far distance the fundo has to travel, as well as the rotary power and speed building up, that one fundo could slip by the prince's guard before he can activate his mask easily, IMHO. The spike of electricity that he must have sensed would lead him to it, true, but on the other hand, that's a good second wasted realized where it's going ;P And even if one is intangible, I'm pretty sure one can be effected by energy attacks...Krika had to retreat from Tahu's boiling muck in Swamp of Secrets, if I remember correctly. So even if Iridacea has the time to activate his mask (which he may, admittedly, very well have) or to absorb the electricity, the electricity or the fundo's gonna hit him, respectively.

IC: [Iridacea-Jungle Region]

Iridacea's eyes widened in shock as the strike to the right was suddenly coming from the left, along with a powerful electric charge. Iridacea stepped back farther onto the tree root, still wearing the shocked expression.

Suddenly, his mask of surprise dropped like a stone and he smirked. "Just kiddin'," he said smugly. As the electrified kusari-fundo swang into a position perpendicular to him and Hukki, he leapt forward off of the tree root, raising his rose-sword and slamming it against the chain, pushing it aside as it rushed towards him. He rushed towards Hukki, however, the chain grazing off the outside of his sword and falling limply behind him as he sped toward Hukki. Raising his hand and charging it with a huge charge of electricity for more driving power, he thrusted his hand straight towards Hukki's exposed abdomen, aiming to cut through his stomach.

OOC: I'm assuming Hukki has no armor on his stomach, because Ehlek didn't either. Am I right?

IC: [One>>Waiting Room-City Region]

One warped in in the middle of a street in the city region. Hoping to get a better look around, he looked for the nearest skyscraper. Quietly activating his jet boosters on his heels, he rose up to the top of the building, the boosters whirring with a quiet hum. From his vantage point, he looked about the city. It seems this place is deserted, One thought to himself. I know need to find every being I can and defeat them. Then my training will be complete.
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:02 pm

OOC: E, you may very well be...I probably should've put that as a weakness, then.

Though how, even with his extreme intellect, Ms. Flower Power recovers so quickly from the shock of a surprise attack coming at him is beyond me. You can expect that something unexpected will happen, but you can't expect that accurately.

IC: But Hukki was not one to be discouraged. Reactivating his spines, he thrust his hand-

-Forward-

-Blade unsheathing-

-Crackling-

-Just as the rose touched it-

BANG

-And he was sent off the tree trunk once more-

-For one kusari-fundo to wrap onto a tree-

-And stop him.

As the smoke appeared once more, though, he saw with thermal vision that bog snakes were converging on the area due to the recent running done by Princess Flower Power, as he had started to think of the stranger. Smirking inwardly, Hukki dried the ground beneath his feet and fundo with another quick shock and jumped up, swinging the fundo that had been in the muck along with him so that it caught onto the trunk and wrapped around as the same hand grabbed on and his feet took hold, all keeping him perpendicular to the tree as he recalled his other chain and weight into his left hand. His right fundo was ready to be whipped or flung at anything, and he could always climb higher up the tree if he couldn't ward the snakes away well enough from here. His foe, on the other hand, couldn't sense the snake's movement and would probably have to deal with them.

He warily watched, waiting. At the moment, he actually had an advantageous position in the fight, knowing something he knew his foe didn't know and at a relatively safe place, ready for anything plausible coming at him. And so did Hukki wait.
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:56 pm

IC Shorn - The Mountain:

Shorn turned to see a being standing about 50 yards from him, immediately, he took cover behind a rock, taking out his rifle and preparing to fire at this new being. He peeked out from behind his cover, and spoke to the being, "Who are you, and what do you want?" he asked, keeping the rifle level with the being's chest the whole time. "Speak," he said, ready to blow this opponent's head off without a second of warning.

-Shorn
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:55 pm

OOC: Iridacea actually saw the feint and then the attack so he had a little bit of time to conceive a plan, which he did.

This guy has great reflexes, thought Iridacea as he saw Hukki get blasted bacwards by his attack. If he hadn't used his thumb/blade thingy to block my attack, my hand would have pierced his chest and killed him.

Seeing Hukki fly backwards and stop himself high up in a tree, looking downwards warily, Iridacea realized there had to be-

Almost too late, Iridacea leapt backwards as a large bog snake shot out of the water, its venomous fangs dripping with malice. Landing on a sturdy tree branch, he shot a bolt of lightning at the snake, turning it into a pile of ash which sunk below the murky surface.

"Let's take this above the canopy to the Air region, shall we?" said Iridacea in a stern tone of voice, completely opposite of his lazy demeanor several minutes before. Relaxing a bit, Iridacea said with a small smirk, "What's your name anyway? I can't defeat you if I don't know your name."
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:55 pm

IC - Moka - Gravity region:

Moka looked around casually, taking in the bizarre landscape, the jutting houses, the web-like screens above the roofs of the houses.

Wait, webs?

Immediately Moka started running, his eyes scanning for Visorak.

In front of him, seeming to have been draped over several small peaks were a series of condo-like buildings, all connected to each other.

Once inside, he unclipped his crossbow, and climbed up the nearest flights of stairs. A half a minute of climbing later, he found himself in what looked like an ancient attic. He loped down to the floor below, kicked in a door, and ransacked the apartment within, then climbed back up to the attic. Once back inside, he barricaded and jammed the door with several pieces of furniture he had collected.

Now at least partially safe, he inspected his surroundings.

The building he was in had been build parallel to the ground, and perhaps a hundred feet above it.

There was a window on each end of the attic, and Moka sighed; with two people, this would be the perfect setup.

He balanced all his knowledge of Visorak, and decided on a course of action; barricading the window pointing towards the ground.

That done, he strode over to the other window. He smashed the flimsy glass pane, sending fragments into the attic. Once the window was clear, he leaped out of it.

At once the world spun around, until he found himself on level ground again, the window he had just broken to his left; a hole in the side of the house he was standing on.

It was not a moment too soon, as he could see at least a dozen spiders were crawling along the webbing towards him.

Taking aim, he sent off several carefully placed shots. Three visorak collapsed, and fell through holes in the webbing, to land with a crunch.

Things were too close for comfort, and as a rhotuka from a venom flyer struck him in the back (He thanks the Great Spirit that he didn't have the abilities to fly.) he decided to retreat, leaping down into the attic.

Once in there, things became a lot easier, and Moka easily sniped the pair of venom flyers.

He could hear sound of three visorak trying to break down the attic door.
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:38 pm

IC Yghari - Waiting Room to The Swamp:

Yghari leaped from root to root, onto low branches, slowly making his way across the vast area known as the Swamp. "I never liked the Swamp... but, it is peaceful in this one area," he said to himself, looking around the large Swamp that surrounded him. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he heard the sounds of battle to his right, and him wanting peace and all, began to head away from the battle.

That was, until a Bog Snake leaped out of nowhere, and almost grabbed him by his arm. He swiftly slashed the beast down, killing it instantly with one hit, and another sprang out, trying to grab hold of him. He moved out of the way of the beast, and slashed it on its head, sending it reeling back into the murky water it came from. Before any more could show up, he leaped to the next tree root, unaware that he was heading straight toward a battle between two players.

-Yghari
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 pm

IC: When the Skakdi had dropped, Doomslayer's right hand moved to his backpack automatically, opening it even as he stepped closer. "My name? They call me The Captain Aki Rua Doomslayer The First," he sniffed self-importantly as the bit of oil on a madu cabolo moved, rolling it behind his back and the arms at his side. "I am a veteran of many conflicts, including the famed bloody Battle of The Salad Bowl, The Campaign of The Watered-Down Chicken, and The War Against Mango Discrimination...," he continued "...And master of many trades, including Mercenary, Pirate, Knight, Great Being, and Unconventional Pineapple Recipes Chef of The Third Degree-"

"Quit the games," cut in Shorn, "Tell me the truth."

"Very well," sniffed the illustrious captain once more as the cabolo moved to the back of his left arm, moving forwards again, "I spend the lesser weekdays fighting Shore Turtle Abuse, party on Fridays at the Highwind Martial Arts School of How To Totally Kick Butt, go to Subway and trip out on Call of Duty Saturdays, sleep in Sundays and eat nothing but pie, and put on spandex and tights and masquerade as your friendly neighborhood superhero weekni-"

"Just cut the dung and tell. The. Truth," snapped the Skakdi, not irritated, merely providing emphasis. "Have you forgotten that there's a gun pointed at your chest?"

"If you insist," sniffed again Doomslayer, advancing finally some more. "The truth is, I'm really just an ordinary player who likes to jug-"

Just before the good captain could follow through with his plan and throw the madu cabolo to cause a distraction and make his getaway amid the chaos, however,
    both players saw a totally anticlimatic dark rhotuka gliding towards Shorn. The Captain's eyes flitted across his immediate vicinity.

Exactly six kahgarak had surrounded the pair. They waited, red eyes gleaming, spinners charging.

"Well, dung," said The Captain, in a rare stroke of true eloquence, and then he promptly turned tail and ran as though his life depended on it.

"Aw, but come on," smirked Hukki, ignoring the request for his name for the time being "The fun's just getting started." As if on cue, another bog snake leapt for the prince even as Hukki's left fundo whipped above the prince in an attempt to cut him off. "Why leave?," he asked, "Afraid of the swamp?" A smirk came to his lips once more.

OOC: The reason why the one went for the prince, again, is that I'm guessing the prince's branch is lower down than Hukki's perch. I mean, maybe it's just me, but jumping both backwards and blindly isn't the best way to gain serious altitude =P

As well, this post contains many references, tips of hats, and allusions. The Battle of The Salad Bowl is from one of Brian Jacques' Redwall books. The Mangos and Shore Turtles are self-explanatory. The Highwinds Martial Arts school cameoed in Prisonbreak under a slightly different name as the place where Raz' chars got taught martial arts, so a tip of the hat to him-like him or not, I certainly liked the name =P Subway and Call of Duty are both part of the real world and pop culture. Pie is because of my traditional getaway for my avatar in Chatbox wars which states that I am sipping a pina colada (or other beverage) on an exotic island while eating pie. And finally, the part about spandex and tights is alluding to the comic book superheroes in the real world.

BTW, Skar, don't feel as though I'm trying to keep Yghari out of the fight. I just don't want Hukki to know about him yet. Besides, I don't have any more room in this IC as is XP
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 pm

"Does it scare me? What a silly thing to ask!" laughed Iridacea inanely as he leapt to the left onto a perch equal in height with Hukki's, avoiding both the fundo and the bog snake. "These snakes really are annoying, though. And really, why won't you tell me your name? Don't you have one?" joked Iridacea, trying to goad Hukki on to anger and potentially a mistake.

All the while, Iridacea was thinking on much different terms. It seems like this guy's weakness is his range itself. So if I can get in close and get in a couple good hits, he'll be done for.
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

IC Shorn:

Shorn was not fazed by the beasts, whipping out his wrist blade, he deflected the spinner away toward another Kahgarak, hitting it square in its head, he then took aim with his rifle, taking out one Kahgarak through its eyes. Then, he ran for his life, he leaped and rolled and ran away from the five beasts, all of which were now trailing Shorn and the Captain.

He was unable to take aim and fire, he was just too busy running, but he seemed to be slowly making his way away from the Rahi. He found himself running beside the Captain, he glanced at him, and then back to the mountain the two ran down. Leaping with all the strength his could muster in one jump, he got out of the gravitational field that one area was stuck in, and found himself falling into another.

He twisted and turned in mid air, preparing to land on flat ground, two seconds later, he did so, landing with a grunt. He stood back up to his full height, looking around at the landscape, he was still somewhat on the mountain, except he was standing on the side of a house. As he slowly began to scope the area, a rhotuka spinner came out of nowhere and nearly blind-sided him. Fortunately, he was able to lean out of the way quickly, only getting grazed by the heat spinner, it did burn, but not as much as it would have had it hit him dead on.

He turned in the direction of the spinner's origination, and saw a large Visorak web, crawling with six red Visorak. "Just another day," he said aloud to himself. He noted the ledge that sat below the web, and flicked his arms out, allowing his arm mounted blades to unsheathe. He sighed, walked to the other end of the house, got a good running start, and leaped off the house, landing on the ledge below the Visorak web.

All six of the spiders immediately dropped, all running forward to kill him. He smiled, and took a step back, launching his body and arm forward to slash into the shell of the nearest Visorak.

-Shorn
    Zarayna
    Zarayna

Post by Zarayna Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Ic - Moka - Gravity Region:

From his position at the window, Moka had a perfect view of the remaining six visorak. They had stopped just above him, and seemed to be crawling through the webbing. Realizing what was about to happen, Moka threw himself to one side as they - now on the underside of the net - fired spinner after spinner. A series of curses burst from Moka as a spinner hit his left arm, paralyzing it.

He threw himself to the other side of the now half ruined window the moment the barrage. He could see the visorak descending downwards, spinning web behind them as they went.

With a roar he leveled his crossbow, and pulled the trigger.

And kept it down.

the sound of the bolts firing and the string winding back filled the air, and nothing else could be heard for almost a half minute.

At last, there was a click; the clip was empty. Moka realized that his view of the outside was blocked; the corpse of one visorak lay half in the window, and five more piled behind it.

He threw a glare at his limp arm, then dropped his crossbow, taking off the empty canister and putting a rocket in it's place.

That done, he grabbed the crossbow again, and turned to face the door. The barricades were splintering, and moka sat back, until the door collapsed.

The last thing the three visorak saw as they charged in was a shape slamming into them, a explosion, then darkness.

Moka sighed.

"looks like I need some repairs..."

OOC: Moka to waiting room.
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 pm

IC: Unfortunately for The Captain, he had found himself falling right into a Visorak web when jumping off a cliff after escaping the kahgarak. His eyes blazed red, but the lasers could only cut a little of the web at a time and judged by the clicking and whirring sounds behind him, he knew he didn't have that kind of time.

...And then he remembered with sudden clarity the madu cabolo still stuck with oil to his arm.

The whirr grew louder-

-As the cabolo turned over, rolled over the backpack to the other arm-

-The whirr continued to grow-

-the cabolo flung itself off his back and onto the web two-thirds of a bio away-

-The whirr was practically all he heard now-

BOOM

With a mighty fireball, the rhotuka was sent flying back as The Captain soared through the air, webbing falling, burnt off from the heat-

-To land with a crunch atop one of the visorak nearby Shorn, flinching a little from the pain.

The Captain grinned from his strange position, head looking out from between the mandibles of the stunned arachnid as he gave a perfect two-finger salute.

"What's up, doc?"

"Hukki," said he, and then simply smiled as he withdrew the fundo and attacked again, trying to keep his foe on his toes as the snake danced between the two trees, testing each and trying to decide between which foe to attack.

Last edited by Der Blitzmann on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden
    The Big Man Upstairs
    The Big Man Upstairs

Post by Tyler Durden Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 pm

IC: Castor

Castor sat in the waiting room, feet slung over a well-worn leather couch. Eventually, he'd play, but he was so tired, and he hadn't even started his first round.

What round to play...?

-Spawn
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:51 pm

A plan sprang into Iridacea's mind as the fundo whistled towards him. It all depended on the kusari-fundo that was holding Hukki, as he now knew his foe's name, up. Shooting several strong lightning bolts towards the kusari-fundo and the tree it was wrapped around, Iridacea turned intangible and let the attacking fundo pass harmlessly through him.

Turning tangible again, he shouted with glee towards Hukki the words, "Nice to finally know the name of the one I'll defeat!"
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 am

IC: Hukki smiled as the lightning bolts closed in-

-And then-

BANG-BOOM

-The lightning bolts hit the weaker ones of the warrior's own, which were only able to travel out one or two thirds of a bio out into the air before turning back, but still did their job. As smoke filled the area, Hukki saw that the tree had been scorched, but had not exploded. That still wasn't good, though; he didn't want his enemy to get the edge with relentless offensive attacks.

So, keeping an eye on the prince and the snake, he jumped off the tree to behind it, dropping both fundo and catching them, holding a fundo in hand. Then Hukki strode across the water to behind a different tree and stood with his back turned, ready for the snake or the guy to come, or perhaps both. The brakas would probably come soon anyways, making travel through the trees more trouble than it was worth.

OOC: Is Iridacea beginning to run out of power at this point in the fight? He just shot a bolt of medium-voltage electricity (at the start of the fight), a lightning bolt, empowered his rose with a whole lot of electric power, and shot a few more lightning bolts. Most of which traveled through air, which generally is more difficult to do as air only ever becomes a partial conductor when under a lot of electric stress.
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Marvel
    The Marvelous Captain
    The Marvelous Captain

Post by Captain Marvel Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 pm

As smoke filled the area, Iridacea wondered what Hukki would do now that he had lost his perch on the tree. First, however, he needed to know where Hukki was.

Searching for an "electrical presence" of sorts in the surrounding area, Iridacea found that Hukki had retreated back from where he started.

Well, thought Iridacea, I can't hit him with electricity because he has his own electricity to block it, but I can hit him at close range. Leaping forward through the curtain of smoke and onto the scorched tree, Iridacea sensed Hukki standing behind a tree farther back.
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm

IC Shorn:

Shorn quickly impaled the last remaining Visorak through its shell and inner cranium, with a loud screech and wail, it died, falling limp to the ground. Shorn stood to his full height, closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath, he jerked his arms back as his eyes opened suddenly, retracting his arm mounted blades back into their 'sheaths'.

He unlimbered his rifle again, and placed his finger on the trigger, "I almost forgot about you. Liar, you do not deserve to live," he said, taking two steps closer to the Captain. He stopped, however, and took one step back, "I do not have time to waste on your life, consider yourself lucky to be alive," he said, running toward the end of the ledge, he leaped off it, placing his gun in its holster on his back.

He flew far down the mountain before he landed upon a ledge, he turned back toward the top of the mountain, and considered whether he should leave or not... He decided to, he turned away from the mountain, and made his way back to the Waiting Room.

OOC: Sorry Mangs, the Captain hasn't earned the privilege of fighting Shorn just yet. Razz

-Shorn
    The Shadowed
    The Shadowed
    Conqueror God
    Conqueror God

Post by The Shadowed Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

IC: The Captain grinned, waving goodbye, then gave himself a break and went to the Waiting Room to get repaired before the kahgarak could catch up.

[The Captain-Gravity Region -> Waiting Room-Blacksmith's Shop]

With badly scorched armor and an entirely false limp, Doomslayer hobbled into the room, making quite the sight to see. He lined up, asking of the other bored players what adventures had befallen them to make them come back to get fixed, while he listened and nodded most sagaciously, distributed advice, and told the grand tales of his great adventure recently (including the part where he took on all six kahgarak at once with only his repeating crossbow).

In a mere few minutes, the tale of his monumentous exploit were spreading throughout the line of players, especially the newer ones, excited and inspired by the hero they had just found within a simple Toa of Oil. The veterans regarded the story with slight skepticism, but upon finding that his injuries actually did resemble those he had told of, they were inclined to believe that he was telling the truth and viewed the new player with respect.

Meanwhile, Hukki watched and waited. He had already speared the latest bog snake and removed his thumb from its head, letting it float atop the muck beneath his feet. But he knew the second wave would be coming pretty soon, in all probability, as well as the toa behind him. Or even the Brakas. Actually, that wasn't very implausible. He looked slightly farther up towards the trees-

-Only to find the thermal signature of what could only be another Toa getting closer. What? Dung!

For all he knew, this guy could be an ally of Princess Flower Power. Of course, however, maybe he wasn't...Time to do some scouting.

Twining his kusari-fundo over his arms again, Hukki looked around for a particularly wet patch of the swamp where he could swim into it. Finding such a spot, he grabbed the bog snake's corpse and stalked across the swamp to the hole. Once there, he dived in with gusto, letting go of the snake only in such a way that its body and head partially covered the hole in the muck to hide it from a glance, although a closer scan of the territory would still reveal the hole. Now beneath the surface of the swamp, he smirked. The electric toa could track him in all probability, but it would be quite pointless to take the member of Ehlek's species on in his native territory. Thus, he could watch and wait for as long as it took, mask refilling as well.

A content and gentle smile came to his face. When was the last time he had gotten to relax in the middle of battle?
    Specialist Skarloth
    Specialist Skarloth
    The Intern

Post by Specialist Skarloth Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:12 pm

IC Yghari:

Yghari came out of nowhere, he leaped over the top of someone's head from a tall branch, landing on a tree root nearby him. He turned to face the player quickly, but kept his weapon down, "Who are you?" he asked quickly, hand held firm on the grip of his double bladed sword.

OOC: That's Hukki.

-Yghari

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:57 am